How to cook chicken is a common question asked by everyone. The answer is simple: use the best ingredients and follow the recipe. This “how to cook chicken” article will help you prepare Delicious 5 chickens recipes at home.
1 – Tasty Roasted Chicken
Prep time: 10 min | Serve: 6 | Difficulty: Easy | Calories: 600kkkcal
- One whole chicken, about 5 pounds (2.3 kg)
- 1 heaping tablespoon (18 g)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Paprika Onion powder
- Place your chicken on a plate after drying it with paper towels.
- Remove the mayonnaise from the jar and place it on a small plate, taking care not to contaminate the jar.
- Give your chicken a nice mayo massage with clean hands.
- That’s right, slather the mayonnaise all over the chicken, covering every inch of skin.
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt, pepper, paprika, and onion powder, in that order.
- Bake the chicken in a shallow roasting pan with a rack on it.
- Place the bird in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when a fork is inserted into the joint between the thigh and the body.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and leave aside for 10 to 15 minutes before carving to allow the juices to settle.
2 – Golden triangle chicken kabobs
Prep time: 10 min | Serve: 4 | Difficulty: Easy | Calories:210kkkcal
- One Half pounds (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons (28 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 shallot, minced 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- One tablespoon (8 g) grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons (28 ml) soy sauce
- 3 drops liquid stevia (plain)*
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Place the chicken cubes in a resealable plastic bag, then combine the remaining ingredients and pour them in; as you close the bag, press out the air.
- Refrigerate the bag for at least several hours (24 hours is brilliant).
- If you’re planning to use bamboo skewers, soak them in the water now.
- Preheat your broiler or fire up your grill when it’s time for dinner.
- Remove the bag from the fridge and pour the marinade into a small bowl to save.
- Using 4 skewers, thread your chicken cubes.
- Start grilling or broiling your skewers after around 5 minutes.
- Turn your kabobs over and baste both sides with the saved marinade (discard the rest to avoid germs), then cook for another 5 minutes, or until done through.
3 – Chicken skewers Diavolo
Prep time: 10 min | Serve: 6 | Difficulty: Easy | Calories:246kkkcal
- Two pounds (900 g) of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (7 g) red pepper flakes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish, if desired
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- If you’re using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Preheat your grill or broiler when it’s ready to cook, then pour the marinade into a dish to set aside. 6 skewers with chicken pieces threaded on them.
- You can now grill or broil them for about 8 minutes or until done through (cut into a chunk to check), often basting with the remaining marinade — but cease basting with at least a couple of minutes left in the cooking time to ensure any raw chicken germs are destroyed.If using, garnish each skewer with a pinch of minced Squeeze a lemon wedge over it and add some parsley.
4 – Chicken Burgers
Prep time: 10 min | Serve: 3 | Difficulty: Easy | Calories:345kkkcal
- 1 pound (455 g) chicken mince
- 2 tbsps. (7 g) chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Two tbsps. (20 g) minced onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- One tsp. basil
- One-fourth teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Half tsp. salt or Vege-Sal
- One-fourth tsp. ground black pepper
- One-fourth tsp. cayenne
- We prefer to pan-broil these for approximately five to six minutes on each side in the big, heavy skillet.
- Toss them with mayonnaise with a squeeze of lemon juice, and some chopped basil.
5 – Tandoori chicken
Prep time: 10 min | Serve: 6 | Difficulty: Easy | Calories:387kkkcal
- 5 pounds (2.5 kg) of bone-in chicken thighs without skin
- 1 1/2 cups (345 g) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- TWO tablespoons (16 g) grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- Two teaspoons chili powder
- Two teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves, whole
- In a blender, combine all of the remaining ingredients and blend until a creamy sauce is achieved.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and turn each piece with tongs to coat.
- Cover the baking pan with plastic wrap, place it in the fridge, and leave it there for at least 4 hours, preferably all day.
- The chicken should be taken out of the refrigerator and left to thaw at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4) in the meantime.
- Pull the plastic wrap off the baking pan and place it in the oven to cook when the oven is heated.
- Roast for 45 minutes to an hour, flipping the chicken with tongs every 15 minutes or so.